Text by Anne Plathe, 2018. May need some updating.
For literature in norwegian, see our norwegian resource pages.
Public documents about user involvement
- Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Social Inclusion & Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services. (2009). National Strategic Plan for Work and Mental Health 2007-2012 (01/2009) .Oslo: The Ministries.
- Council for International Organizations of Medical Science (CIOMS) & World Health Organization (WHO). (2016). International Ethical Guidelines for Health-related Research Involving Humans. Geneva: CIOMS.
Reports and other publications about user involvement for adults
- Lofthus, A.-M. (2018). A study of Norwegian service users` experiences with Assertive Community Treatment (PhD Thesis). Oslo: Universitetet i Oslo.
Research articles about user involvement for adults
- Johansen, K. J. (2017). Comparing the peer working in the mental health field in different countries. Scientfic Annuals of the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi. New Series Sociology and Social Work Section, 10 (1).
- Johansen, K. J. & Antonsen, D. Ø. (2017). What it means to be a peer worker? Scientfic Annuals of the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi. New Series Sociology and Social Work Section, 10 (1).
- Brattland, H., Høiseth, J. R., Burkeland, O., Inderhaug, T. S., Binder, P. E. & Iversen, V. C. (2016). Learning from clients: A qualitative investigation of psychotherapists’ reactions to negative verbal feedback. Psychotherapy Research, 26 (6).
- Lofthus, A. M., Westerlund, H., Bjørgen, D., Lindstrøm, J. C., Lauveng, A., Clausen, H., Ruud, T., Heiervang, K. S. (2016). Are Users Satisfied with Assertive Community Treatment in spite of Personal Restrictions? Community Mental Health Journal, 52 (8), 891-897.
- Olsø, T. M., Gudde, C. B., Moljord, I. E. O., Evensen, G. H., Antonsen, D. Ø. & Eriksen, L. (2016). More than just a bed: mental health service users’ experiences of self-referral admission. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 10 (11).
- Rise, M. B., Evensen, G. H., Moljord, I. E. O., Rø, M,. Bjørgen, D. & Eriksen, L. (2014). How do patients with severe mental diagnosis cope in everyday life – a qualitative study comparing patients’ experiences of self-referral inpatient treatment with treatment as usual? BMC Health Services Research, 15(14), 347.
- Rise, M. B., Westerlund, H., Bjørgen, D. & Steinsbekk, A. (2014). Safely cared for or empowered in mental health care? Yes, please. International Journal for Social Psychiatry, 60(2), 134-138.
- Solbjør, M., Rise, M. B., Westerlund, H. & Steinsbekk, A. (2013). Patient participation in mental healthcare: when is it difficult? A qualitative study of users and providers in a mental health hospital in Norway. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 59 (2), 107-13.
- Gudde, C. B., Olsø, T. M., Antonsen, D. Ø., Rø, M., Eriksen, L. & Vatne, S. (2013). Experiences and preferences of users with major mental disorders regarding helpful care in situations of mental crisis. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 41(2), 185-190.
- Rise, M. B., Solbjør, M., Lara, M. C., Westerlund, H., Grimstad, H. & Steinsbekk, A. (2011). Same description, different values. How service users and providers define patient and public involvement in health care. Health Expectations, 16 (3), 266-76.